Little Moleskine




I often feel that there is this certain amount of forcing it in my work, like I'm trying to pound two ill-fit pieces together with a big hammer. There is also a certain amount of impatience. I don't allow myself the mental space to be reflective with a project. It's all go-man-go, which can lead to a certain amount of success. There can be moments of goodness, but there is no consistency, and the overall piece ends up lacking.

This a frustration.

I would like to be contemplative. I would like to take inspiration as it comes and be content when it does not. This is one of the core ideas in my mind while working on this current untitled comic. These are only three pages, which to look at might appear something done in a single sitting, but the drawing of these panels was spread out over a week. 

Comments