Drown 1

I've begun work on a follow up of sorts to Hedra. The working title is Drown and it takes place in a future world where the seas have risen and the whole world is flooded. I'm drawing a little bit of influence from J.G. Ballard's The Drowned World. I also have, of course, seen Waterworld. Though I hesitate to say that it was an influence.

The idea of a sunken world is one that has intrigued me for a while. I did some single page comics set in a sunken city back in 2008-2009. I've always wanted to continue with them, but the full story idea never really felt like it was there.

My girlfriend saw these comics and liked them, which led to her suggesting I continue in this style, which led to what became Hedra. And now I'm going to be returning to this flooded world idea.

So, here are those original comics (which I've posted before)(but here they are all together).







Comments